Know Your NetSuite Integration Options
Considering a NetSuite Integration? We looked into the top NetSuite integration tools available today and created our list of the Top 4 NetSuite Integration tools you should know about before you begin your integration project.
When it comes to NetSuite integration, there are three ways you can go: Custom Code, Connector, or an integration platform.
- Custom code: is a method in which you have a developer build you an integration application from scratch. This allows for more flexibility but can come with more risk and less documentation.
- Connector: a pre-built application that can connect two applications. Most enterprise platforms with App stores usually have a few pre-built options let inside
- An integration platform, either cloud-based, hybrid, or on-premise, is a tool that is designed specifically to create integration applications. Integration platforms or (IPAAS) are what this article will be discussing in-depth.
If you want to learn more about NetSuite Integration options you can read out in-depth article on the topic here.
What are the top NetSuite Integration Tools?
This chart shows you the position of all of the integration solutions that are available today. This chart formation is what’s known as a “magic quadrant.” Customer satisfaction makes up the X-axis of this chart while market presence makes up the Y-axis. Solutions have a higher satisfaction rating as they move from left to right and a stronger market presence as they move from top to bottom. This means that the options in the top right quadrant of the chart are what the market has deemed most favorable and are considered “leaders.”
As you can see, there are a number of integration tools on the market today. However, we are focused on the best of the solutions, which is why this article will be focused mainly on leaders only, specifically; Dell Boomi, Jitterbit, with one NetSuite specific “Niche” tool, Celigo, also making our list.
*Update* Since this article was originally posted, Celigo has graduated from a “Niche” solution to a leader on the G2Crowd magic quadrant.
Top NetSuite Integration Tools
Owned by Dell, yes, the same Dell that makes computers-surprisingly enough, Boomi has been one of the top players in the integration industry for a while now. Boomi has recently lost a touch of its industry dominance to newer platforms, but it is still a powerful NetSuite integration tool. They are a polished solution coming complete with all the service, documentation, support, and security you could ask for in this industry. They are a robust, enterprise-grade integration platform through and through, with functionality for :
- Application Integration
- EDI and B2B management
- Workflow Development and Deployment
- API management
Dell Boomi is a capable and polished integration tool that can help solve any NetSuite integration challenge. The tool may be easier to understand with its graphical interface but it will still require numerous analysts and developers to get the most out of its capabilities. For these reasons, Dell Boomi is best considered by large enterprises with complex needs and diversified and experienced staff to manage it.
- Considered by many to be one of the most robust and complete solutions
- Boomi provides ample documentation, training, and support; allowing users to work through tough problems
- Boomi delivers top-notch security, allowing you to rest assured that your information is protected and proactively guarded against new threats
- User-friendly drag-and-drop interface for new users
- Some technical skills required – analysts can build and troubleshoot but must have some training first
- Cost can be prohibitive – Reviewers rated Boomi in the 96th percentile when it comes to costs
- Development is all graphic based. This can be a hang up to people with development knowledge
- A lack of community
- Debugging is not as easy as other platforms
Celigo – Integrator.io
Celigo started out in 2010 with a single connector for the NetSuite platform. From then on, they continued to specialize in connecting NetSuite and added dozens of NetSuite connectors and templates to their offering. In 2016, they released a dedicated integration platform, Integrator.io
Today Integrator.io is able to connect many SaaS applications but most of its connectors and pre-built functionality focuses on NetSuite. If you want more general info on Celigo and its solutions, you can check out our article “What is Celigo,” to learn more!
As you can guess, Celigo’s niche is NetSuite customers and customers in the mid-market. Much of Celigo’s interface requires zero coding, and according to reviews, is much easier than other IPaaS solutions to set up and get going. Most of the popular data flows and use-cases have templates to help you get started, and any tweaks you need to make can be done through a step-by-step wizard.
Celigo base’s their pricing on the number of data flows you need, topping out at 54 flows for $2000/month. Integrator.io will also let you try their platform for free; allowing one data flow per month at no charge. I recommend giving their platform a try before moving on to other options if you are a NetSuite user. Niche NetSuite integration tools this polished are rare.
- Comes with dozens of pre-built NetSuite connectors
- Support staff is well trained and knowledgeable about NetSuite specific issues
- By far the easiest to use enterprise-grade IPaaS on our list
- Free to try
- Polished connectors with proper documentation
- Expensive – Users found Integrator.io to be in the 96th percentile. Boomi offers more functionality and is around the same price. The main trade-off here is the ease of use of Integrator. Io vs. the functionality of Boomi
- Prices scale with data flows – Could be an issue depending on your needs
Jitterbit has been around for a while. Founded in 2003 Jitterbit has been fine-tuning its “Harmony” integration platform for 15 years now. By now, Jitterbit is another polished and capable integration tool with all the functionality required to tackle advanced enterprise-grade integrations; including, API customization and EDI tools.
The Jitterbit platform is intuitive for developers and analysts with tech backgrounds to quickly understand. Non-technical analysts will be able to use the platforms drag-and-drop and step-by-step wizards after a few weeks of training.
Jitterbit is known by many as a company that is easy to work with and one that offers exceptional support. Jitterbit has been able to maintain this image for years by consistently putting their users concerns over everything else. For more information on Jitterbit, you can check out our article “What is Jitterbit” to learn more.
Jitterbit makes our list of NetSuite integration tools mainly because its target audience fits so well with NetSuite. Both Jitterbit and NetSuite are aimed at mid-to-enterprise grade business and are priced accordingly. Jitterbit also happens to be an enterprise-grade tool that is available at a mid-size price.
Jitterbit has many pre-built wizards and connectors for common mid-size solutions, including; NetSuite, SalesForce, Quickbooks, AutoDesk Fusion, Microsoft Dynamics and more. Jitterbit is even more known for its ability to integrate SalesForce than NetSuite. If you are looking for a NetSuite/Salesforce connection, Jitterbit makes a lot of sense.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Most value of any IPaaS (Jitterbit is priced at 36th percentile in the IPaaS market)
- Intuitive for developers to quickly and easily pick up
- Simple enough for non-tech analysts to learn with some training
- Flexible – allowing developers to add custom logic
- Perfect for SalesForce/NetSuite integrations
- Documentation and training materials can be improved
- Not as easy to create logic in Jitterbit as a full ETL tool such as Informix
- Version issues can occur when working on the same project with multiple developers
- Debugging can be improved
Have any questions or comments? Disagree with our list of NetSuite integration tools? Let us know how you feel in the comment section!