- Enterprise Integration
- Jun 05
- 5 mins read
What is Jitterbit? – Everything you want to know and more!
Integration platforms have taken over the integration landscape and are now one of the hottest tools to add to your IT utility belt. In honor of this recent outbreak of integration needs and need for integration information, we at eMerge decided it was the right time to talk about one of our favorite integration platforms and one that we have used to help dozens of SaaS users, the Jitterbit platform. This guide will go over the basics of what is Jitterbit along with much-much more.
What is Jitterbit?
So what is Jitterbit, exactly? Jitterbit Harmony is an integration platform that is offered through the cloud. And “platform” is the keyword here because the Jitterbit platform brings it when it comes to capability and flexibility. It is the Swiss Army Knife of integration platforms. Whatever, your integration needs may be in the next 2-5-10 years; the Jitterbit platform will have the functionality to support you. Once you put this tool in your toolbox you’re going to use it often and not need to replace it for a long time.
What can Jitterbit do?
Since this is an integration platform you would expect it to be capable of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load). But I want to talk about the ETL functionality anyway because on top of all the additional features Jitterbit has packed on this platform, it still nailed the basics. Jitterbit ETL features include:
- Jitterbit employs high-performance parallel processing algorithms that allows you to transfer large amounts of data with ease. This algorithm alone can take projects down from months to weeks or even days.
- Jitterbit also provides Data Cleansing and Smart Reconstruction Tools that reduce the hassle in cleaning and altering data between systems.
- Jitterbit has also created a system of dashboards and alerts allowing you to monitor your integrations for problems and spot them before they become costly. And if an error does occur, the right people are notified instantly.
This is a screenshot of the Jitterbit harmony platform in use. It has a toolbar and workspace where you can string together integrations built with drag and drop tools and wizard-based walk-throughs.
Jitterbit API Customization
In addition to being efficient when the API connection is stable and viable, Jitterbit has the functionality to improve API’s to fit nuanced use-cases. Jitterbit can even build entirely new API’s if the application is just using a database to store data and you wish to access it. This built-in functionality allows Jitterbit to solve many problems a normal ETL tool would not.
Jitterbit EDI Compliance
Finally, Jitterbit is capable of EDI. This will allow you to trade with your EDI compliant partners and customers and not need to be fully reliant on EDI yourself. Jitterbit EDI has the following features:
- Industry-standard Connectivity Options: Process any EDI document type, including full AS2 connectivity for real-time connectivity to your trading partners.
- EDI Data Mapping: Transform EDI messages to or from any combination of XML, flat files or databases.
- Trading Partner Management: Set up and manage trading partners to enable EDI exchanges using standard EDI and eCommerce capabilities.
- Trading Partner Enablement: Use Jitterbit to deploy integration processes to partners and avoid VAN dependencies.
Having ETL, API manipulation, and EDI on one platform is a great combination of functionality and makes Jitterbit essentially the only tool you need for data movement period. Whether, your trading with partners, working with databases, or just moving a lot of data, Jitterbit Harmony will be at the center of your game plan. This is why I refer to Jitterbit as the Swiss Army Knife of Integration platforms, it has all the tools you need to get the job done whatever the job may be.
What is Jitterbit SalesForce Data Loader?
You may have first heard about Jitterbit when working with SalesForce, and that is because Jitterbit was built with SalesForce in mind. Jitterbit has built a lot of SalesForce specific functionality into its Harmony platform. In addition to specialized integration templates and wizards that help walk users through SalesForce integrations, Jitterbit has released a data loader specifically designed for SalesForce users as well.
SalesForce admins can see this as another option to the data loader and data import wizard functions native to SalesForce. However, Jitterbit adds some features on top of that functionality. Including
- Wizard-based, graphical point & click configuration
- Insert, Update, Upsert, Query, Delete, and Bulk Load
- Automation, scheduling, and reusable operations
For a full list of what Jitterbit Dataloader can and can’t do you can click here.
The best part about the Jitterbit Data loader is it is Free! Jitterbit is showing off its interface and advanced SalesForce ETL functionality in the hopes that it will attract users for its other useful features mentioned above, And it works, mainly because Jitterbit is a great tool and once you start seeing first hand what you can do with it, you start to see the need to invest more into the platform.
So what do Jitterbit customers think about Jitterbit? According to the data at G2Crowd.com, Jitterbit is loved by their customers for four reasons.
1. It is a reliable platform – Jitterbit scored a 9.1 out of 10 in reliability. Outscoring many other top IPaaS brands. When it comes to Jitterbit you get a tool that won’t let you down in critical situations and that matters when things go-live.
2. People just have a better experience when they deal with Jitterbit as a business. G2Crowd shows that Jitterbit scored a 9.4 out of 10 when it comes “ease of doing business with.” Jitterbit makes that extra effort to make sure its customers leave the meeting or call feeling good about whats happening. Jitterbit support is also highly rated among reviewers.
3. Jitterbit Harmony is especially lauded for its easy to use interface; scoring an 8.9 out of 10 on usability. Which makes it easier for business analysts and non-technical personnel to pick up the platform and use it to great effectiveness. According to many reviews, the Harmony platform was just “simple” to figure out and set up.
4. Jitterbit is competitively priced too. G2Crowd reviewers rated Jitterbit in the 36th percentile for cost in the iPaaS (integration Platform) category.
This chart shows the market leaders for IPaaS (integration platforms) by rating their satisfaction with their market presence. Between Jitterbit’s reliability, simple interface, the company around it, and the price, it is no surprise that Jitterbit is currently running away with the mid-market.
The value of the Jitterbit platform is a great fit for pre-enterprise companies. Companies that still have extreme data demands but also do not have tens of thousands of dollars to invest in integration solutions. Companies that just need a reliable solution they can understand and rely on and most importantly, afford. And that’s exactly what Jitterbit is.
Jitterbit Pricing and Cost Estimation
Like many Integration platforms, Jitterbit Harmony services are broken up into tiers. This breakdown allows you to scale with Jitterbit and not pay for functionality you do not need. There are 3 tiers: Standard, professional, and Enterprise.
Jitterbit plan prices are mainly set by the number end-points you wish to connect. If you want to connect SalesForce and NetSuite, that will count as two end-points. The Standard edition of Jitterbit allows up to three, and the enterprise edition allows up to eight. Jitterbit prices are not set upon connections or data caps, however. This means that once you have your two endpoints set up you can send over any amount of data you through as many connections you deem necessary.
Jeremy McCourt is an content producer in the enterprise software industry that focuses on NetSuite and related cloud-based software solutions.
Contact us! eMerge Technologies has been creating integrations with the NetSuite platform for the past 15 years. And in that period, we have watched a number of innovations come on the market that makes integrations…
- Jan 06
- 5 mins read
What are NetSuite Integration Apps and Why Do You Need Them? NetSuite integration apps are tools that enable businesses to connect NetSuite, a cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, with other systems and applications. This…
- Dec 22
- 9 mins read